How to identify your size and type of tyre
We will need to know the size of the tyre you need to replace so we can help you with deciding best tyres for your car you. This is easily done on the wall of the tyre there are a number of digits - Each of these digits/letters represents something different and provides important information.
When it comes to how to read tyre size, the first five digits of the code are the ones to concentrate on.
On each tyre, you will find a series of numbers and letters that look something like the above:
- The first three digits belong together and indicate the width of the tyre (in millimetres). In the example above, the tyre is 225mm wide.
- The two digits following the first slash are what is known as the aspect ratio. Essentially this is the height of the tyre as a percentage of the width. So, in the example, the tyre has an aspect ratio of 55, meaning the profile height is 55% of its total width.
- The two digits following the first letter (R) 16 is the diameter of the wheel rim in inches.
Once you are find the wall numbers please ring us and our operative will provide a choice of suitable tyres for your vehicle at a competive price and will provide a booking in time slot
Ring 07521 472882 - We are just around the corner!
Booking Billy's Tyres couldn't be easier
With over 20 years of trading Billy's Tyres have the knowledge and experience to get you back on the road and your wheels turning again - FAST.
- Established Company
- Highly experienced operatives
- Range of tyres in stock
- Heavy Plant to smallest tyres fitted
- Payment on completion